Day Opportunities Consultation Update - September 2019
The Day Opportunities Consultation is now closed. We would like to thank those who contributed and took time to attend our consultation events. We received a great deal of feedback both from the events and through completed questionnaires which were from a broad cross section of people and organisations across the city.
The responses were from citizens who attend day centres, carers, service providers of day opportunities, elected members, community groups, our partners and Birmingham citizens, all of whom have a keen interest in day opportunities in Birmingham.
We are now is in the process of analysing all of the feedback and questionnaires received, and a report of the findings will be produced. Our aim is to present the report to Cabinet for decision in November 2019. If for whatever reason our timetable changes, we will share the revised timetable with you.
Frequently asked questions and responses update:
The consultation commenced on 8 April 2019 and ran until 4 August 2019.
The purpose of the consultation was to give people the opportunity to consider the proposals set out in the draft Day Opportunities Strategy for Adult Social Care and the draft Day Service Model as outlined in the draft strategy.
Frequently asked question and responses can be found under sections 3 to 6 of the Day Opportunities Consultation 2019 website.
If you would prefer a paper copy of the frequently asked questions and responses please call one of the telephone numbers above, alternatively ask a member of staff at the day centre who will provide you with a copy.
The following consultation documents have been available since 8 April 2019.
Following feedback, the Council asked people to note:
1. That the text of Councillor Hamilton’s introduction to the consultation has been amended.
2. We ask you to read three key background documents, alongside the draft strategy.
- Stage 1 Day Opportunities Engagement Report
- Stage 2 Co-production Final Report
- NDTi Report
- Consultation on the Draft Day Opportunities strategy (standard) – Amended June 2019
- Consultation on the Draft Day Opportunities strategy (easy read)
- View the amendments made to the Draft Day Opportunities strategy
- Draft Day Opportunities strategy 2019 (standard)
- Draft Day Opportunities strategy 2019 (easy read)
- Day Opportunities questionnaire (standard)
- Day Opportunities questionnaire (easy read)
- Day Opportunities consultation presentation (standard)
- Day Opportunities consultation presentation (easy read)
- Consultation Amendment presentation (standard) - added 22 July 2019
- Consultation Amendment presentation (easy read) - added 22 July 2019
Further background documents and information referenced are:
- Adult Social Care vision
- Shared Lives - Birmingham
- A list of Day Centres
- A report of population and demographics
- Direct payments
If you have any question or queries in relation to this consultation event please email: email@example.com or telephone 0121 303 5012
If you have a speech impairment, are deaf or hard of hearing you can contact Birmingham City Council by Next Generation Text (also known as Text Relay and TypeTalk).
Dial 18001 before the full national phone number.
Minicom: 0121 303 1119