The Route to Zero (R20) Taskforce
The Route to Zero (R20) Taskforce was created in autumn 2019 and brings together Members and officers from the council and representatives from the West Midlands Combined Authority, the NHS, higher education, the business community, faith communities, young climate strikers, climate campaigners, and other key partners and stakeholders. Download the taskforce membership list.
Responding to the climate emergency is everybody’s responsibility and meeting this challenge will require widespread support from individuals, businesses, partners, other organisations, and local and national government.
The taskforce is currently working to develop recommendations for how everyone in Birmingham can contribute to climate action and benefit from a safer, fairer, and more sustainable city.
Taskforce meetings and minutes
- 24 February 2021, 4pm to 5:30pm (virtual meeting)
- 26 January 2021, 4pm to 5:30pm (virtual meeting)
- 9 December 2020, 4pm to 5:30pm (virtual meeting)
- 18 November 2020, 4pm to 5:30pm (virtual meeting)
- 14 October 2020, 4pm to 5:30pm (virtual meeting)
- 26 August 2020, 4pm to 6pm (virtual meeting)
- 15 July 2020, 4pm to 6pm (virtual workshop)
- 10 June 2020, 4pm to 6pm (virtual meeting)
- 29 April 2020, 10am to midday (virtual meeting)
- 16 January 2020, 4:30pm to 6:30pm (Council House)
- 18 December 2019, 4pm to 6pm (Council House)
- 17 October 2019, 2pm to 4pm (Council House)
Meetings can be viewed via the council’s webcast link.