Schools in Birmingham
We provide free schools for all children across Birmingham:
- Nursery schools accept 3- and 4-year-olds
- Primary schools are for 4- to 11-year-olds
- Secondary schools for 11- to 18-year-olds
Some of our schools give places to particular children as a priority. For example, children:
- who belong to a particular faith background
- of a particular gender (boys for a boys' school)
- who have passed an entrance test, in the case of secondary grammar schools.
Many schools provide breakfast clubs before school and a wide range of clubs and activities after school. You should contact the schools directly to find out what they offer or look at their websites.
All our schools aim to provide children and young people with activities that make learning interesting and exciting.