Pupil attendance, advice for schools
On these pages schools will find advice and resources to assist with improving attendance and reducing persistent absence.
FAST-track to Attendance is the legal process schools should use to tackle ongoing unauthorised absence – for more information see page 2.
The Leave in Term Time (Penalty Notice) Process is for cases of unauthorised leave in term time of 10 days or more or 5 days G codes and 10 sessions of other unauthorised absence prior to that.
- Guidance on removal (deletion) from roll - September 2016
- Absence Code of Conduct 2017
- Dfe attendance and absence codes
- Attendance Action Plan - school version
- Pupil Absence Systems Review 2018 - School version
For further information about pupil attendance, please contact the Education Legal Intervention Team on email@example.com