rating button
Order a replacement bin if yours is damaged or missing | Birmingham City Council

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Check out the latest advice, service disruptions, information and support about Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest updates

Order a replacement bin if yours is damaged or missing

Unfortunately we do not have any pods in stock that fit inside recycling wheelie bins. The pod hold your paper and cardboard.

You can still request a replacement pod or wheelie bin and we will deliver the pod when they arrive back into stock.

Please be aware that a new recycling bin may be delivered without a pod.

You can still use the recycling bin without a pod, but only for metal, plastic and glass.

Please do not mix paper and cardboard in the main section of your recycling bin with the rest of recycling. We ask where possible, that you bundle paper and cardboard nearly or place it in a box next to your bin, so that we are able to recycle it. Alternatively you can take paper and cardboard to your local household recycling centre.

If your wheelie bin, pod, box, is damaged or missing you can order a new one.


There is a charge of £20 to replace a missing household or garden waste bin. If you have a damaged household or garden waste bin that we can collect, there is no charge for a replacement.

We will replace recycling wheelie bins, inner pods and recycling boxes at no charge.

If you have moved into a previously occupied property, a set of bins (1 refuse and 1 recycling) has already have been issued. If there are no bins present, you will be required to order replacements (£20 for the residual bin and no charge for the recycling bin).

Wheelie bins damaged by crews

If our crews damage your wheelie bin during collections, they will leave a tag on the bin with a unique reference number. The crew will also report the damage to us. We will arrange for a replacement bin to be delivered. There is no need to contact us.

Collecting your damaged bin

Once you have reported your damaged bin, leave it at the front of your property where it can be easily seen by our crew.

They will take away your old bin when they deliver the new one.

Report your damaged or missing bin

You need an online BRUM account to report a damaged or missing bin. Create an account if you don't already have one.

Report a damaged or missing bin

For all other types of enquiries including bins for newly built properties, please use our waste general enquiry form