What we will and will not collect
Items we will collect
This is a list of items that we will collect. It does not show every possible item, so please use your judgement.
We will collect electrical items using a separate vehicle. This means that we may give you two separate collection dates.
Bags set out for collection must not weigh over 10kg.
- Fridges, freezers and fridge freezers
- Washing machines, tumble dryers and dishwashers
- Televisions, stereos and computers
- Microwave ovens, vacuum cleaners and small kitchen or household appliance
- Electric lawnmowers and other garden power tools
Sofas and furniture – corner sofas in 2 parts are classed as 2 separate items
- Beds and mattresses
- Garden furniture
- Garden waste – 2 bags equals 1 bulky item
- Other non-recyclable items in black bags – 2 bags equals 1 bulky item
Items we will not collect:
- Any items that cannot be safely carried by two people in our collection team
- Bags or bundles that individually weigh over 10kg
- Any loose items that are not neatly bagged or bundled together sufficiently with rope or string – for example garden waste or pieces of wood.
- Any bagged items where the bag is not strong enough to carry the contents
- Any business or commercial waste
- Soil, rubble, bricks, slabs, sand, plasterboard and other similar building waste
- Waste from major house refurbishments
- Whole trees, large branches or large logs
- Glass panes, double glazed doors, glass wardrobe doors, mirrors (unless boxed or wrapped, clearly marked and no more than 1 x 1.5 metres in size)
- Hazardous materials including asbestos, chemicals, paint (including empty tins), oil, gas canisters, fluorescent tubes and batteries
- Vehicles, mobility scooters and tyres
- Garage doors
You can take all these things, except asbestos, to your nearest recycling centre.
We cannot collect unwanted cars. Read our web page on disposing of your old car if you have a vehicle you want to get rid of.
Last updated: 22 September 2022