Kings Norton cemetery
- Covid-19 (coronavirus) update
Due to COVID-19, visitors to cemeteries are reminded that they will still need to practice social distancing in-line with government guidelines.
Current opening hours Days Hours Monday to Friday 3:30pm to 7:30pm Saturday and Sunday 10am to 5pm Opening hours from 10 May 2021 Days Hours Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 2:30pm to 7:30pm Tuesday 8:30am to 7:30pm Saturday and Sunday 10am to 5pm Opening hours for Eid, Wednesday 12 and Thursday 13 May Days Hours Wednesday and Thursday 11am to 7:30pm
- Kings Norton cemetery
- 0121 303 5583
- General information
Kings Norton cemetery is located in Kings Norton, Birmingham, on the site of a former Roman settlement. The site has kept a lot of its ancient features, including its ancient hedgerows and ditches.
The cemetery has a natural burial area, Primrose Meadow, which looks as much as possible as a natural British meadow. In this area the graves aren’t tended and are instead left to blend in with the wild flowers, with grass cutting limited to twice yearly.
- Grave tending and flowers
- Memorial options
- Book of Remembrance (Cemetery and Primrose Meadow)
- Mini graves (for ashes)
- Seed cards (Primrose Meadow only)
- Temporary grave markers
- Wildlife boxes (Primrose Meadow only)
- Wooden benches (Primrose Meadow only)
- Wooden bench memorial plaques
Find out more about buying grave markers and memorials.
- Available graves
- Graves available for adult interment on lawn header sections
- Two cremation sections, able to receive up to two or four cremated remains
- Children and adult Muslim lawn header sections
- Primrose Meadow natural burial area