Kings Norton cemetery
- Kings Norton cemetery
- 0121 303 5583
- Opening times
Office: The office is open Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm (gates close at 4pm from December to February).
Cemetery: The cemetery grounds opening hours are:
- Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm (4pm from October to April)
- Saturdays and Sundays: 10am to 5pm (4pm in January and December)
- Public Holidays: Saturday and Sunday hours. On Christmas Day and Boxing Day the grounds are open from 9:30am to 1:30pm.
- General information
Kings Norton cemetery is located in Kings Norton, Birmingham, on the site of a former Roman settlement. The site has kept a lot of its ancient features, including its ancient hedgerows and ditches.
The cemetery has a natural burial area, Primrose Meadow, which looks as much as possible as a natural British meadow. In this area the graves aren’t tended and are instead left to blend in with the wild flowers, with grass cutting limited to twice yearly.
- Grave tending and flowers
- Memorial options
- Book of Remembrance (Cemetery and Primrose Meadow)
- Mini graves (for ashes)
- Seed cards (Primrose Meadow only)
- Temporary grave markers
- Wildlife boxes (Primrose Meadow only)
- Wooden benches (Primrose Meadow only)
- Wooden bench memorial plaques
Find out more about buying grave markers and memorials.
- Available graves
- Graves available for adult interment on lawn header sections
- Two cremation sections, able to receive up to two or four cremated remains
- Children and adult Muslim lawn header sections
- Primrose Meadow natural burial area