Bordesley Green Primary School (Heartlands)
- This advert is for a School Governor Vacancy
- Marchmont Road, Birmingham B9 5XX
- School website
- About the school
Bordesley Green Primary is a 3-form entry school situated in East Birmingham. The school has a strong community feel with the majority of pupils living local to the school. We have a diverse ethnic population with over 30 languages spoken by pupils, and the school is a culturally harmonious and happy one. A combination of strong parental involvement working in partnership with experienced and committed staff supports our children to develop in all area.
- The main responsibilities of a Governor
As part of a team:
•Setting the strategic direction of the school;
•Holding the leadership to account for the performance of the school;
•Making sure that resources are used well and that money is well spent.
- There are no specific qualifications for the role of governor. You just need the right attitude, enthusiasm, and time to devote to the role.
- Specific requirements for this school
Ideally with one or more of the following interests or experience: early years education/work with families or care services, community work, or finance.
- Day and times of most meetings
Usually Mondays from 6pm once each half term (6 main meetings a year).
- The time commitment
- Approximately 10 days per year spent attending meetings, visiting the school from time-to-time and undertaking relevant training.
- Why volunteer?
Volunteering as a School Governor is a great opportunity to gain leadership experience at board level as well as transferable skills that enhance performance and employability. Most of all, you will have the satisfaction of making a real difference to children’s lives and helping them to realise their potential.
We would love to hear from you.
- What should I do if I am interested?
You can contact School and Governor support in a variety of ways. By:
Looking on our website: https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/info/20125/school_and_governor_support/871/interested_in_becoming_a_school_governor