St Catherine of Siena Catholic Primary School (Ladywood)
- This advert is for a School Governor Vacancy
- Great Colmore Street, Birmingham. B15 2AY
- School website
- About the school
St Catherine of Siena Catholic Primary School has been serving the children of inner-city Birmingham for nearly 40 years. It is a happy, loving, caring and successful school: due to all the children, the staff, the Governing Body and the local community and Parish that have been part of the Teaching and Learning over this period. As we move forward, we look to build upon our success, build upon the positive relationships and ‘Live, Learn and Grow in God’s Love.’
- The main responsibilities of a Governor
As part of a team:
•Setting the strategic direction of the school;
•Holding the leadership to account for the performance of the school;
•Making sure that resources are used well and that money is well spent.
- There are no specific qualifications for the role of governor. You just need the right attitude, enthusiasm, and time to devote to the role.
- Specific requirements for this school
• Accountancy, budget planning, financial management, income generation, bid writing.
• Strategic planning
• Project management
• Human resources and recruitment
• Employment law
• Architecture, planning, building regulations
- Day and times of most meetings
Full Governing Body Meetings – once a half term. (4.30pm - 5.45pm)
Committee Meetings – once a term. (3.15pm – 4.15pm)
Meeting days are always on a Wednesday
- The time commitment
- Approximately 10 days per year spent attending meetings, visiting the school from time-to-time and undertaking relevant training.
- Why volunteer?
Volunteering as a School Governor is a great opportunity to gain leadership experience at board level as well as transferable skills that enhance performance and employability. Most of all, you will have the satisfaction of making a real difference to children’s lives and helping them to realise their potential.
We would love to hear from you.
- What should I do if I am interested?
You can contact School and Governor support in a variety of ways. By:
Phone: 0121 303 2259