Mapledene Primary School (Sheldon)
- This advert is for a School Governor Vacancy
- Mapledene Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3XE
- School website
- About the school
Mapledene Primary School is a larger than average community school located in Sheldon, not far from Birmingham Airport. The school occupies a large site with a playing field, several garden/environmental areas and four main playgrounds.
We place the utmost value on building strong relationships with our parents, our community and beyond. We summarise our ethos in our school motto: Belong, Believe, Be You; Achieve
- The main responsibilities of a Governor
As part of a team:
•Setting the strategic direction of the school;
•Holding the leadership to account for the performance of the school;
•Making sure that resources are used well and that money is well spent.
- There are no specific qualifications for the role of governor. You just need the right attitude, enthusiasm, and time to devote to the role.
- Specific requirements for this school
To work in a professional manner as part of a team and take collective responsibility for decisions and have a strong interest in finance.
- Day and times of most meetings
Mondays at 5pm
- The time commitment
- Approximately 10 days per year spent attending meetings, visiting the school from time-to-time and undertaking relevant training.
- Why volunteer?
Volunteering as a School Governor is a great opportunity to gain leadership experience at board level as well as transferable skills that enhance performance and employability. Most of all, you will have the satisfaction of making a real difference to children’s lives and helping them to realise their potential.
We would love to hear from you.
- What should I do if I am interested?
You can contact School and Governor support in a variety of ways. By:
Looking on our website: https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/info/20125/school_and_governor_support/871/interested_in_becoming_a_school_governor