Head of Geography
- Salary range
- Ark MPS £24,982 - £36,870 plus TLR 2a £2,796
- Closing Date
- 25/05/2020, 12.00 noon
- Education - teaching
- Full / Part time
- Full time
- Contract Type
- Enhanced DBS Check Required
- Job Information
Ark Boulton Academy, Golden Hillock Road, Birmingham, B11 2QG
Telephone Number: 0121 773 8156
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: September 2020
The right kind of leadership is important at Ark Boulton. Our motto ‘It takes a whole community to bring up a child’ represents the collaborative spirit within which we work. It influences the way we support each other, our parents, students and other stakeholders, and the importance we place on our leaders to strengthen those relationships.
As a leader within our school community we encourage you grow and develop with the support of one of the finest School Networks in the country.
A leader within our school is given the room to grow and develop in an encouraging, challenging and rewarding environment. They are our role-models and exemplify the virtues we strive to instil in our students, which include courage, self-discipline, commitment and honesty.
Become a member of our school family and embrace multiple opportunities for personal and professional development, not just within the school, but from the internationally renowned Ark family of schools we are a part of. As a result, our staff can share best practice and receive training from some of the best educators in the country.
Our department heads spend their days embedding a consistent rhythm across the subjects they serve. By establishing the strengths within each subject matter, they create a shared vision and ethos that is consistently reflected in the teaching and learning cycles they develop.
Our strapline ‘growing together, reaching higher’ applies as much to our staff as our students. We recognise that the health and wellbeing of our staff will affect that of our students. For this reason, we have invested in developing our wellbeing room and other initiatives to care for our whole school community.
If you are someone who understands the difference a great education can make to pupils lives, have a passion and belief in the potential of every student, and are excited at the prospect of growing as an educator, we look forward to hearing from you.
- How to apply
- This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including:
- enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work.
- All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
- Terms and conditions
- This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment.