Bordesley Green East Nursery School (Yardley West and Stechford)
- This advert is for a School Governor Vacancy
358 Bordesley Green East,
Birmingham B33 8QB
- School website
- About the school
Bordesley Green East Nursery School is a 144 place school educating children from 2 to 4 years old that also delivers Children’s Centre services. We have a committed Governing Body with lots of local knowledge are we are looking to strengthen our Governor skill set to continue to move the school forward.
- The main responsibilities of a Governor
As part of a team:
•Setting the strategic direction of the school;
•Holding the leadership to account for the performance of the school;
•Making sure that resources are used well and that money is well spent.
- There are no specific qualifications for the role of governor. You just need the right attitude, enthusiasm, and time to devote to the role.
- Specific requirements for this school
We need a governor with particular skills in finance and/ or safeguarding.
- Day and times of most meetings
FGB and Finance meetings are generally Tuesdays 6pm-8pm
Curriculum committee meetings are Thursdays 9am-10am
- The time commitment
- Approximately 10 days per year spent attending meetings, visiting the school from time-to-time and undertaking relevant training.
- Why volunteer?
Volunteering as a School Governor is a great opportunity to gain leadership experience at board level as well as transferable skills that enhance performance and employability. Most of all, you will have the satisfaction of making a real difference to children’s lives and helping them to realise their potential.
We would love to hear from you.
- What should I do if I am interested?
You can contact School and Governor support in a variety of ways. By: