Wattville Primary School (Holyhead)
- This advert is for a School Governor Vacancy
- Wattville Rd, Birmingham B21 0DP
- School website
- About the school
Wattville Primary School is a good school with a very settled and happy team of teachers and support staff. We have 540 pupils on roll from very diverse backgrounds and this also helps to make the school a vibrant and exciting place to be.
- The main responsibilities of a Governor
As part of a team:
•Setting the strategic direction of the school;
•Holding the leadership to account for the performance of the school;
•Making sure that resources are used well and that money is well spent.
- There are no specific qualifications for the role of governor. You just need the right attitude, enthusiasm, and time to devote to the role.
- Specific requirements for this school
Expertise in finance and health and safety would be very useful.
- Day and times of most meetings
Our governing body meetings take place during the school day – usually starting at 1.30pm.
- The time commitment
- Approximately 10 days per year spent attending meetings, visiting the school from time-to-time and undertaking relevant training.
- Why volunteer?
Volunteering as a School Governor is a great opportunity to gain school leadership experience at board level as well as transferable skills that enhance performance and employability. Most of all, you will have the satisfaction of making a real difference to children’s lives and helping them to realise their potential.
We would love to hear from you.
- What should I do if I am interested?