POLICY FOR STANDARDS OF EQUALITY
BUILDING CONSULTANCY - POLICY FOR STANDARDS OF EQUALITY
Our aim is to work together effectively for fairness within our working environment and in the services we deliver as we are committed to Equality.
We believe that service delivery will be more successful when we work closely with all members of the communities we serve. We intend to continue to develop methods based on achieving equality in all areas of our work.
Building and Consultancy Services provides a mandatory regulatory service and is responsible for the following:
- Pre-application advice.
- Building Regulation applications.
- Building Regulation site inspections.
- Control of dangerous structures.
- Control of demolitions.
- Access for people with disabilities.
- Building Regulations Enforcement of unauthorised works.
- Safety at Sports Grounds.
Our aim is to prevent discrimination of any kind and to promote equality opportunities within the service we provide.
THE ANTI-DISCRIMINATORY PRACTICE IN BUILDING CONSULTANCY
Within the Building and Consultancy Services, we ensure that we maintain an anti-discriminatory practice according to the following working practices:
- We believe that tackling the cause of inequality is better than dealing with the consequences.
- We are committed to responding to the needs and rights of all members of all communities.
- We are prepared to confront discriminators with the consequences of their actions and behaviours.
The policy is written in line with the Race Relations Act 1976, Sex Discrimination Act 1975, Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and the Code of Practice on Race Relating and Equal Opportunities.
BUILDING CONSULTANCY POLICY FOR STANDARDS OF EQUALITY - STATUS
The Building and Consultancy Services' policy for standards of Equality Plan has been designed to assist in the implementation of Birmingham City Council's Strategic aims and objectives.
We will deal with every complaint of discrimination seriously and urgently. Please write to: Clive Dutton, Director of Planning and Regeneration, PO Box 28, Alpha Tower, Suffolk Street, Queensway, Birmingham B1 1TU or email firstname.lastname@example.org