Shortcut to this page: www.birmingham.gov.uk/workchoice
Work Choice is an extensive programme which provides support for people with a disability who would like to find and stay in Work.
Work Choice will ensure disabled people get the same opportunities to benefit from work as everyone else. It will also ensure employers get the support that they need to employ disabled people.
Work Choice will give you advice and support to get you ready and prepared for work.
We will help you:
- With one to one specialist support
- Get the training or experience they need for work
- Develop your job searching skills
- Explore which jobs are right for you
- Get advice and guidance on work placement and volunteering opportunities.
- Get support with any particular barriers you might have to getting a job
- Review your support needs on a regular basis
- Training and support shaped around each customer
- By encouraging employers to employ more disabled people
Support if you are already in work:
- Get support with any barriers you might have
- Build the relationship between you and your manager to help you stay in work.
- Continue to develop and progress through your career
- Review your support on a regular basis
Support for Employers:
- Job Coach support within the workplace
- Help providing required employee training
- Provide disability awareness training for employers
Work Choice is provided by Disability Employment in partnership with Advance who are one of the providers responsible for Work choice in Solihull, Birmingham and the Black Country, working on behalf of the Department of Work and Pensions
This project is part-financed by the European Union.
Last Updated: 4th November 2013