Arts Activities Commissioning
During 2015-16 we invited proposals for activities which would enable more Birmingham residents to take part in high quality arts activities in their local neighbourhood, particularly people who have not taken part in this type of activity before.
In order to achieve this aim, we have commissioned arts projects through two funding streams; Culture on Your Doorstep (COYD) and Next Generation (NG).
In 2015-2016 we invited proposals for activities which contribute to the following objectives:
- Providing opportunities for Birmingham residents to participate in high quality arts activities in local neighbourhoods
- Provide opportunities for children and young people to develop their creativity, leadership skills, knowledge and understanding of the arts under our Creative Future framework
In order to meet these objectives, we offered grant funding to arts projects under two schemes* inclusive of a Small Grants fund:
- Culture on Your Doorstep (COYD) – for activities in local neighbourhoods that encourage positive partnerships with local community groups and celebrate Birmingham's rich cultural diversity for residents to participate in arts in priority neighbourhoods.
- Small Grants Fund - Under this fund, we offer grants of between £1,000 to £3,000 to new arts organisations to run Culture on Your Doorstep activities.
- Next Generation (NG) – for activities for 0-19s in Birmingham (or up to age 24 for those with a physical or learning disability)
Applying for Arts Activity Commissioning
Our 2015-16 Arts Activities Commissioning is now closed. For further information about funding for arts activities please visit our Resources & Funding for Artists and Arts Organisations page
You can also join our mailing list to receive information about funding/commissioning opportunities, events and activities. Subscribe now.
Advice and Guidance
If you would like to meet with a Culture Officer to discuss your organisation and delivery please contact us by telephoning 0121 303 2434 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies and Procedures
For guidance on developing policies and procedures please visit our Policies & Procedures page or contact us directly.
To find out if a venue/location is within a priority neighbourhood you can use the postcode checker on the top left hand corner of the Be Birmingham web site.
The following maps may also be of assistance.
Previous Arts Activities Commissioning
To see some of the excellent work we have previously commissioned click on the attachments below:
Accessible formats and communication support
We are committed to being accessible.
• Alternative formats of our documents can be made available on request. These include other languages, large print, Braille and audio versions.
• If you are disabled, have learning difficulties, or are affected by an impairment such as dyslexia and require communication support we can help you to complete our forms and develop policies/procedures.
Birmingham City Council Culture Commissioning Service manages this commissioning process and can be contacted Monday - Friday 10am to 4pm.
T: 0121 303 2434
Image Copyright obtained from Birmingham Hippodrome photographer Paul Machacek