Due to essential maintenance work being carried out, some of our forms may be unavailable from 5pm on Friday 27th May until 8am on Tuesday 31st May. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Reasons why a vehicle may be removed ?
Vehicles may be removed if they are parked in contravention of the restrictions on street or in one of the council's pay and display car parks. In addition to receiving a Penalty Charge Notice, the following are some examples of the contraventions for which vehicles may be towed away.
Parked on a Red Route
- Loading bay without loading.
- Parked for longer than permitted – limited waiting.
- Parked in a designated disabled bay without blue badge.
- Parked where stopping is prohibited.
- Parked on a restricted bus stop/stand.
- Parked in a Dangerous Position on a Clearway where stopping is prohibited.
- Parked in a Designated Disabled Bay without blue badge.
- Stopped in a restricted area outside a school.
- Parked on a pedestrian crossing/zigzags.
- Parked in a position likely to cause danger to other road users, including at or near a junction.
- Parked in a manner that may cause serious obstruction to emergency services, traffic or pedestrians.
- Parked in a way that obstructs a bus lane, bus stop, suspended parking place.
- Parked causing obstruction on a Pay and Display car park.
How Vehicles Are Removed
- Once a Penalty Charge Notice has been issued the Civil Enforcement Officer will let the removals team know if the vehicle should be removed.
- The Civil Enforcement Officer with the removal contractor will take photographs that can be used as evidence in the event of a dispute.
- The Removal Contractor also completes a vehicle condition report, which is an independent record of the condition of the vehicle before it is removed.
- The contractor's vehicle pound attendant checks the vehicle on arrival to see that it conforms to the the vehicle condition report.
How to get your vehicle back
Our removal contractors contact information is available below:
NSL Vehicle Pound
Sat: 9am-12 noon
Telephone Number: 0121 634 1659 (Please only call this number if your vehicle has been removed as this is an operational base number for the pound only).
When the Pound is closed - telephone contact can also be made during the following times:
Mon-Fri: 7am-9am and 5.30pm-11pm
Sat: 12 noon-11pm
You will have to make the following payments before retrieving your vehicle: The Penalty Charge, the removal fee of £105.00 and a storage charge of £12.00 per day which will commence from midnight on the day after the day of removal.
You will have to provide proof of ownership of the vehicle together with two forms of identification one of which must be a photographic form of identification, before the vehicle can be released.
You will be invited to inspect your vehicle's condition before leaving the pound.
You will be given details of: the grounds and procedure if you wish to dispute the Penalty Charge Notice (a 'representation'), and/or why your vehicle should not have been towed away; and how to appeal to the Parking Adjudicator if the council disagrees and your representation is rejected.