New Repairs Contracts - from 1 April 2016
We have appointed three contractors to carry out repairs, maintenance, gas servicing and improvement works to Birmingham's council homes from 1 April 2016.
The city has been divided into four areas and each contractor is responsible for carrying out all elements of the new service, delivering value for money and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- The North contract area will be delivered by Keepmoat Regeneration Limited
- The West-Central contract area will be delivered by Wates Living Space
- The East contract area will be delivered by Wates Living Space
- The South contract area will be delivered by Willmott Dixon Partnerships Limited
Who is my new contractor?
Follow the link and enter your postcode to find out who your new repairs contractor is.
Online repair reporting function
- Due to system changes you are now unable to select an appointment time when requesting a new repair. Please complete details of your repair on the form and we will contact you to arrange a convenient appointment.
- For emergency or urgent repairs please ring 0800 073 33 33.
Welcome to Housing Repairs Self Service Appointments
...a quick and easy way to diagnose repairs…
You need a Birmingham City Council online account to report repairs. If you do not have one, click register to set one up.
Once you have an account you will be able to report repairs online to obtain an appointment and make enquiries about repairs you have already reported, via the blue options at the top of this screen.
Emergency and Urgent repairs
Emergency and Urgent repairs (i.e. need attention within 24 hours) or communal and equity share properties cannot be reported online. They must be reported to the contact centre. The numbers are:
- 0800 073 3333
- 0121 675 8221 – textphone for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
For everything else, click on the appropriate blue option at the top of the page.
Birmingham City Council reserves the right to charge for any repairs if it is felt the repair was caused through deliberate damage or neglect. Full details of repairs tenants are responsible for can be found in the Conditions of Tenancy and the Tenants Handbook.
If you live in an area controlled by a TMO (Tenant Management Organisation) and you wish to report a repair in the first instance you should speak to the representative from the tenant management organisation. They will advise you on the best course of action to take in order to resolve the issue.
- Gas Safety Advice - Health and Safety Executive
- National Grid
- TPAS – Non-Profit Organisation Helping Tenants to Participate in the Management of their Homes.
- Right to repair scheme - DirectGov
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Gas Safe Register