Who can get Council Tax Support
You may be entitled to up to 100% Council Tax Support if you or your partner is :
- A pensioner
- Entitled to a disability premium or disabled child premium
- Entitled to Employment Support Allowance and who also receives a qualifying disability related benefit
- Receiving a carer’s premium
- Receiving a war disablement pension, war widows pension or war widower’s pension
- Caring for a child dependant under 6.
If you are of working age (other than those listed above) you will now have to make a contribution towards their Council Tax bill.
As Council Tax Support will be calculated as a means tested discount, the amount each household will have to pay towards the Council Tax will depend on their individual household circumstances.
If you are claiming Universal Credit you will need to apply for Council Tax Support using the online form and state on your form that you ‘only wish to claim Council Tax Support’.
Read the information requirements on the page before you start your application. You must report any changes to your circumstances straight away.