Welcome to Birmingham
Are you new to the city of Birmingham but don’t know where to start to find useful information?
This page has links to useful information including services managed by Birmingham City Council, as well as other services and organisations that can help you.
Birmingham City Council online account
Rubbish and recycling
Transport and streets
- Locate and register with a doctor (GP)
- Drug and alcohol support: Reach Out Recovery
- Help to stop smoking
- Sexual Health support
- LGBT Health support
- Mental health support- Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Leisure - Birmingham Wellbeing Services
- Giving Blood in Birmingham
- Birmingham Voluntary Services Council – Directory of voluntary organisations
- Places of welcome – where you can meet new people
You can also visit the Birmingham City Council Facebook page and follow the Birmingham City Council Twitter account for the latest citywide council information.