Due to essential maintenance work being carried out, some of our forms may be unavailable from 5pm on Friday 27th May until 8am on Tuesday 31st May. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- To reduce the amount of short journeys made by private car through encouraging a modal shift to walking.
- To set out the role that walking can play in meeting the transportation needs of residents and visitors.
- To assist in meeting health improvement targets by developing walking as a key public health initiative.
- To promote the role of walking for leisure, environmental and personal security benefits.
- Through a linked action plan, to assist in the delivery of city and national strategies.
- To propose a methodology for setting targets, monitoring progress and reviewing achievements.