Housing Support Service
The Housing Support Service helps families across Birmingham to learn to cope with the demands of managing their home.
We can offer help with a range of everyday problems, including:
- benefit applications
- advice on budgeting
- links to training and job opportunities
- grants for furniture and other household goods for new tenants.
We offer support to families with multiple support needs.
Call us to today on 0121 303 3637 to find out if we can help your family!
Read the leaflet attached below (aimed at people who are now signed up to our service) for more information.
How to get in touch with us
If you would like to find out more about the Housing Support Service, or if you would like to find out if you are eligible to receive the service, please get in touch using the telephone number below or by filling in the form at the bottom of this page.
Forms and letters should be sent to:
Telephone Number: 0121 303 3637
Mobile Number: 0791 764 3354
You said, we did...
Upon the request of service users
1. You asked us to move the locations of the service users group to the local community- meetings have taken place throughout the city, North, South, East and West.
2. Provide more events for service users - events are taking place in July and August.
3. Looking to provide workshops for service users- we are in the process of working with Foodbanks and also providing financial capability workshops.
4. Look at how we can help service users with the introduction of the welfare reform- we are introducing letting suites and providing clients with information
Help managing your finances
Follow these links for advice on managing your money, or read our booklet called Managing Your Finance 2010, attached below.