Soho and Middlemore Property Improvement Programme
Shortcut to this page : www.birmingham.gov.uk/smpip
The Soho and Middlemore Property Improvement Programme provides grants to improve industrial and commercial land and property in the Middlemore Road Industrial Estate and Soho Road Local Centre. The Programme aims to
- improve premises to meet modern business needs
- create new employment and
- enhance general business competitiveness
Individual applications can be made for financial assistance between £1,000 to a maximum of 24,999 subject to a 50% contribution from the applicant, Businesses or property owners located within the Middlemore Road Industrial Estate and Soho Road Local Centre can apply.
See the boundary map below
For more information about what improvement works are are eligible for assistance see the leaflet below.
If you are interested in applying for funding, the guidance notes and application forms are below.
Please note: Grants will be distributed on a ‘first come: first served’ basis based upon the 3 priorities given below, in the order of:
- Business proposing to bring vacant industrial land or premises into economic use and create jobs.
- Businesses proposing to bring vacant retail and commercial premises into economic use and create jobs.
- Refurbishment, enhancement or expansion of existing industrial, retail and commercial floor space (e.g. extension to existing building premises) to safeguard jobs.
A second round for submitting applications will open in the New Year. However, if you are planning property improvements sooner, please contact Syed Ahmed or Beata Thomas on 0121 464 9839 or email: SMPIP@birmingham.gov.uk
Last Updated: 19th November 2013