Planning Applicants' Survey
Shortcut to this page: www.birmingham.gov.uk/planningapplicantssurvey
The purpose of this survey is
- to establish our customers' needs
- to assess satisfaction levels of customers - we aim for an 80% satisfaction level
- to identify areas for improvement to the planning application service
This ongoing customer survey will be analysed quarterly and published annually. The last 3 year's overall satisfaction ratings are shown below in the graph.
If you have recently received a decision on a planning application, we want to know what you think of our service. Please complete the following questionnaire https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YourPandRSatisfaction
Listed below are the five key questions contained within the questionnaire including a graph to show response rates over the last 3 years
1. Did you feel sufficiently informed about the planning applications process before applying for Planning Permission?
2. How would you rate the quality of the pre-application advice service?
3. When you contacted us by phone about planning permission, how would you rate our service?
4. How would you rate the overall professionalism of the Planning Officer?
5. How would you rate our service overall?
Here are some of the Compliments we received
- Excellent Planning Officer
- Excellent guidance through the Planning process
- Overall a really good service
- My architect oversaw the application but I was impressed by everything - including the notice outside of my house was effectively done and the correct people were informed - thank you
- Overall a really good service compared to other authorities and an exemplar of the planning function
- Generally an excellent service and on time
- An excellent service administered with efficiency and courtesy
Here are some of your Comments and our responses to those comments
- Would like more updates on the progress of an application - We are in the process of updating the FAQs shown on the reverse of Planning acknowledgement letters
- Would like direct access to Planning Officers - Planning officers are now accessible using direct dial telephone numbers to their appropriate area team
- We would welcome responses to all correspondence sent to the planning department – A number of improvements have been made here,
- Officers out of office messages have been updated to reflect officer availability,
- Update our information leaflet to advise that we do not acknowledge all letters due to high volumes,
- Introduced a tracking system so that all correspondence is responded to accordingly
Last Updated : 6th December 2013