Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk



Contact the police on 0345 113 5000 if there is a problem with prostitution and/or kerb crawling in your area. You can also report the problem using the button above.

Essential Information
  • You can help us and the police by providing:

    • The names and addresses of people involved, if known, and descriptions of them
    • Details of where the offence is being committed, at what times and how often
    • The make, model and registration number of any vehicles involved.
    • Is the alleged person living at the address or thought to be just working from there?
    • How many people are working from the address and is it at the same time?
    • Proof that these activities are being carried out, for example, are the activities visible from the address? Are services advertised anywhere?
  • We have set up the Community Safety Partnership, a specialist team that deals with Antisocial Behaviour across the city.

    In the first instance, so long as it's safe, we will always advise you to speak directly with whoever is causing the problem.

    Many disputes between neighbours could be resolved just by talking to each other. Your neighbour may not even realise that they’re causing a nuisance.

    If you’re being subjected to persistent Antisocial Behaviour, we’ll then refer your complaint either to the Community Safety Partnership or the council department best placed to deal with your specific issue.

    If you’re a tenant of a registered social landlord, we may give you their contact details, if the matter is something that they have the power to deal with.

    In an emergency you should always call 999 and report the matter to the police.

Frequently Asked Questions
    • Under the Birmingham City Council Act 1990, premises in the city that offer ‘massage and/or special treatments’ must have a licence. Its an offence to operate without one or to violate its terms and conditions. It’s also an offence to advertise these services without a licence.

    • We can only investigate incidents that happen in Birmingham. If the incident happened somewhere else, then you should notify the relevant local authority, or the police.

    • In some circumstances the councils service may be able to help resolve problems before they become full disputes. Even if there is a history of problems between the parties, Mediation can be useful in helping to resolve them.

    • We will respond to your complaint within one working day if it is a very serious complaint (category A) such as harassment, violence or threat of violence or a hate crime. We will respond to your complaint within five working days if it is a serious complaint (category B) such as threats or threatening behaviour, or intimidating behaviour from groups or individuals. We will also give you the name of the local officer who is looking into your complaint.

External Links
We are not responsible for the content of other organisations' websites
Related Links