Enterprising Communities Board Opportunities 2012
A framework for Regenerating Communities in South East Birmingham
Area Board Member Opportunities
“Enterprising Communities: Unlocking Potential in South East Birmingham” is not just a strap line; its fundamental to the way in which we deliver our regeneration portfolio. As a comprehensive Area Based Regeneration Initiative, we are committed to providing a range of quality services that support:
- local people to deliver better skills and access jobs
- community and Voluntary sector organisations to become more sustainable and deliver better quality services that are needed locally
- business creation and improve competitiveness
- physical rejuvenation of local commercial corridors and business estates
- the development of ‘Vibrant Urban Villages’, or neighbourhoods as great places to live, work, visit and invest.
Our regeneration boundary covers two individual geographical areas, with a distinct Area Regeneration Board overseeing delivery. We are now looking for energetic new board members to join the Sparkbrook and Sparkhill and Saltley and Small Heath Area Regeneration Board to direct Enterprising Communities activity in their area and help shape and focus our strategic development and work programmes. We would like to fill specific vacancies for Resident and Business Members.
We are looking for inspiring volunteers, who have expertise in any of the following areas:
- employment and skills development
- social and private enterprise
- community and voluntary sector
- community safety
- improving the environment
- neighbourhood management
- fund raising skills
- equalities and diversity.
If you are a highly motivated, committed, and passionate person, who wants to make a positive difference to your neighbourhood and community, then we want to hear from you.
For an informal discussion regarding these vacancies, please contact either of the officers named below.
Aftab Ahmed (Senior Service Manager: Regeneration) via:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 0121 675 7584
For further details or an application pack please contact:
Enterprising Communities Regeneration Team
Room 6, Southside Business Centre
249 Ladypool Road, Sparkbrook
Birmingham, B12 8LF
Tel: 0121 675 7584
Alternatively, you can download an application pack from the bottom of this page.
The closing date for applications is 8th July 2012. Please note that interviews will be held from 11th to 13th July 2012.
We also have vacancies for Business Members to sit on our Business Theme Group. If you have a business within the Enterprising Communities area and are interested in applying for this voluntary position please request the Business Theme Group application pack from:
Tel: 0121 675 7584.
Copyright: Birmingham City Council