Due to essential maintenance some of our forms will be unavailable on Saturday 23 July 2016 from 3.30 am to 1 pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Birmingham City Council now has a number of bra recycling banks which enable women to recycle their old bras and help a local breast cancer charity.
The banks are located at a number of sites across the city;
- Sainsbury's, Chester Road, Castle Vale B35 6HB
- Sainsbury's, 1059-1061 Alcester Road South, Maypole B14 5TN
- Sainsbury's, Frankley Beeches Road, Northfield B31 5AA
- Tesco, Ridgeacre Road, Quinton B32 1EG
- Cocks Moors Woods Leisure Centre, Alcester Road South B14 6ER
- Tesco, Coleshill Road, Hodge Hill B36 8DT
- Sainsbury's, Chapel Lane, Selly Oak B29 6SJ
- Lidl, Kings Road, New Oscott B73 5AB
- Silver Street Pay & Display Car park, Kings Heath B14 7QU
- Four Oaks Railway Station car park B74 2TD
- Tesco, Aston Lane, Witton B5 5QR
The banks will benefit a local Sutton Coldfield charity Breast Friends with a local textile merchant paying £1 for every kilo of bras recycled.
The bras themselves will be sold to traders in developing countries, helping to support small scale market traders and giving women access to garments they may otherwise not be able to afford. For more information on where the bras go to click here.