Holloway Circus Junction Improvements
Birmingham City Council has secured Department for Transport ‘Local Pinch Point’ funding to deliver infrastructure improvements at key roundabout junctions on the Ring Road, to reduce congestion and improve access to the Central Business District and Enterprise Zone.
Junction Improvements at Holloway Circus
The following works are to be implemented to reduce congestion at Holloway Circus, these are shown on the plan available for download below and include:
- Providing left slip lanes from Holloway Head to Suffolk Street Queensway and from Smallbrook Queensway to Bristol Street (Horse Fair).
- Installation of traffic signals on the Bristol Street arm of the junction so that all arms of Holloway Circus have at grade pedestrian crossing provision. Three of the crossings will be Toucan crossings.
- Smallbrook Queensway to Horse Fair; extension of subway structure near Scala House to link to the fire escapes for the basement businesses within that building, and to infill ramp areas and reduce the existing parapet/retaining wall levels for carriageway widening construction.
- Holloway Head to Suffolk St Queensway: to reduce the existing parapet/retaining wall levels for the carriageway widening construction.
- Bristol Street to Holloway Head: Partial infill to ramp areas and reduce the existing parapet/retaining wall levels for carriageway widening construction. Maintaining stepped access and subway for emergency exit from island.
Update January 2016
The advanced utility diversion works commenced adjacent to Cleveland Tower in June 2015 and utility works at the roundabout will continue in stages until December 2016.
Construction works are likely to start from July 2016 onwards (once the Paradise Circus Phase 1 roadworks are complete), with an estimated completion in July 2017.
Holloway Circus Contact Information
To discuss these proposals further, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. or telephone 0121 303 7301.
Comments can also be provided in writing to:
Birmingham City Council,
PO Box 16719
Birmingham B2 2GA