Haden Circus Junction Improvements
Birmingham City Council has secured Department for Transport ‘Local Pinch Point’ funding to deliver infrastructure improvements at key roundabout junctions on the Ring Road, to reduce congestion and improve access to the Central Business District and Enterprise Zone.
Junction Improvements at Haden Circus
The following works are to be implemented to reduce congestion at Haden Circus these are shown on the plan available for download below and include:
- Providing a dedicated physical left turn slip lane between Belgrave Middleway and Highgate Middleway.
- Providing new part time signals and an additional lane on Belgrave Middleway approach to the roundabout.
- Relocating the signalised pedestrian crossing on Highgate Middleway. The crossing will be located approximately 30m north of Highgate Middleway from its existing location.
- Relocating existing Bus Stop on Belgrave Middleway adjacent to Frank Street approx. 117m from its existing location on Belgrave Middleway between Birmingham Central Mosque and The Wand Medical Centre.
- Providing a new signalised pedestrian crossing on Belgrave Road.
- Providing new road markings on Belgrave Road exit to formalise two lanes.
- Providing additional signs to existing parallel cycle routes to promote these routes as an alternative to cycling through the busy roundabouts. The existing parallel cycle routes around Haden Circus are shown on plan available for download below.
Consultation for this scheme was completed in summer 2014 and cabinet approval was given in September 2014.
Construction of the scheme is due to start in July 2015 and last for approximately 9 months. Every effort will be made to minimise the impact of the works on the daily life of the City, but there may be some local delays.
Haden Circus Contact Information
To discuss these proposals further, please contact us by email: email@example.com. or telephone 0121 675 7421.
Comments can also be provided in writing to:
Birmingham City Council,
PO Box 16719
Birmingham B2 2GA