Due to essential maintenance, the website may be unavailable during the weekend. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Service Delivery & Procurement
Rob Barker is Head of Service Delivery & Procurement Law and leads the team.
Rob qualified as a solicitor in 1979. He has assisted the council to achieve its vision on a range of corporate transactions from the construction of the ICC, the establishment of Castle Vale HAT and the development of Millennium Point. He has guided the council on competition issues from VCT, to CCT and BV as well as EU compliance. Since 2001 he has been the legal lead on the Birmingham Highways PFI project which was awarded the European PPP Deal of the Year in 2011.
- provides the wide range of skills to deliver both large projects and day to day initiatives
- deals with the procurement of Public Private Partnerships and defending legal challenges
- assists with the application of best practice in governance both for the council and external entities
- deals with TUPE, secondment agreements and pension admission agreements
- advises on construction contracts, collateral warranties, intellectual property rights and sponsorship
- deals with commercial contract dispute resolution (including arbitration, adjudication and mediation)
- provides legal support in relation to charging, trading and business improvement districts
- advises on alternative models of service delivery
Head of Service Delivery & Procurement Law
Tel: 0121-464 3462