Becoming a Child Care Provider
Anyone interested in becoming a child care provider must register and be inspected by OFSTED (Office for Standards in Education).
We can give advice about the registration process of becoming a registered child care provider.
We collect information from child care providers on the services they offer and promote these services by supplying lists to parents and carers.
You can download an information pack at the bottom of this page which includes regulatory and background information on:
- becoming a Child Minder or Home Child Carer
- setting up a Day Nursery, Pre-school, Creche, Out of School Club or Play Scheme
To apply online you will need to visit the OFSTED online portal,
Access to OFSTED’s online service is managed via the Government Gateway. This is a secure system to protect the data and information you provide and is used by a number of Government Departments.
- OFSTED Apply online portal
- OFSTED Guidance to Early Years Register
- OFSTED Before Registration as an Early Years and Child Care Provider
- OFSTED Regulating Early Years and Child Care – Applying to be a Provider
- National Child minders Association