Adoption of Highways
- The developer must contact the Council at the end of the maintenance period to arrange a further joint inspection of the works. The Council will issue a list of any remedial works required, which must then be completed to our satisfaction.
- The works must have been maintained to our satisfaction during the maintenance period.
- A copy of the certificate of adoption for the sewers, as issued by the relevant water company must be submitted.
- Payment to us any commuted sums that are required.
- The developer must provide the County Council with: ‘as built’ drawings, preferably in an electronic AutoCAD form on CD; the Health and Safety file, on CD, produced in accordance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007 (CDM) and terms of the Section 38 or Section 278 Agreement.
- Private Development Section Home Page
- Adoption of Highways
- Agreements under Section 278
- Bond (Surety)
- Contact Us
- Creation of New Public Highways (Section 38 Agreement)
- Development Permits
- Environmental Protection
- Highway Design and Technical Approval
- Highway Lighting
- Highway Safety
- Road Making (Costs)
- Safety Audits
- Site Inspection
- Technical Documents
- Traffic Regulation Orders
- Works Notices and Traffic Management during the Works