Learning and Assessment Service
The Learning and Assessment Service (LAS) works with schools on a range of CPD support covering curriculum, assessment and leadership and management.LAS is also commissioned by the Local Authority to fulfill some aspects of its statutory duty including assessment, RE and SACRE, and NQT provision and support. We are working with national bodies such as NCSL and HTI to deliver leadership programmes and support.
Our current work includes:
- A range of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) for all schools in Birmingham – bespoke programmes e.g. moderation / middle leader support, training courses and in-school CPD.
- Providing city wide programmes that are proven to be successful to develop the quality of teaching in specific areas of the curriculum such as Every Child Counts, phonics training for teachers, and briefings and forums for leaders on various aspects such as assessment and curriculum.
- Managing the statutory assessment duty in relation to EYFS, KS1 and KS2 on behalf of LA ( including moderation processes).
- Providing advice and support to schools in relation to Health and safety regulations in the context of PE and sport on behalf of Local Authority.
- Managing the support and monitoring requirement for Birmingham NQTs as part of the Local Authority ‘appropriate body’ status.
- Working with national organizations such as NCSL to lead and manage support programmes for school leaders in the city.
- Working with consortia and networks of schools on bespoke CPD with clearly defined outcomes.
New work streams will include:
- Supporting schools in the implementation of new national curriculum EYFS through to KS3 and KS4.
- Supporting groups of schools to develop inter-school moderation processes.
- Supporting schools in the implementation of new national assessments for KS2 and EYFS .
- Development of lead practitioner Quality Assurance process.
- Development of digital film resource – Reellearning.
- Partnership working with HTI, Prospect and Tribal.
Contact for Business Enquiries:
Telephone: 0121 303 8188