Access to Education: Pupil and School Support
Pupil and School Support work with schools and other educational settings to help pupils with cognition and learning difficulties and other vulnerable groups to progress and achieve to the best of their abilities.
Children and Young People
We work with children and young people to improve outcomes in the following ways:
- Increase levels of engagement leading to improved confidence and raised achievement
- Pupil's voice is listened to in a non-judgemental way and their opinion is valued, making them feel involved and in control of their own direction.
- Pupils and staff have a greater understanding of potential future opportunities with a focus on the steps required to achieve them.
Working with us, schools can improve outcomes in the following ways:
- Effective SENCOs better able to lead whole school improvement.
- All teachers and staff have increased capacity to support children and young people with SEN.
- Barriers to learning are removed, aspirational targets are set and attainment levels raised.
- Development of high quality of evidence-based involvement
- Earlier identification and intervention.
- Schools kept up to date with policies, initiatives and statutory procedures.
Through our work with schools and children and young people, families receive on-going support, guidance and advice accessed by assessment reports, attendance at pupil reviews and parental workshops/seminars. Increased confidence to support children and young people at home with their learning is a positive outcome for families of our involvement.
Our staff are highly experienced qualified teachers with a range of expertise in SEN. Particular strengths include:-
- Assessment, consultation and advice
- Needs Analysis
- Specialist working expertise in Dyslexia
- Access Arrangements
- Person Centred Working
- Tailored Training Programmes
- Strategic Development
- Collaborative Working with all Access to Education Teams.
All further information can be found at: http://accesstoeducation.birmingham.gov.uk/