Human Resources and Employee Relations for schools
HR and Employee Relations provides a comprehensive service that enables schools to meet their statutory, strategic and contractual obligations.
Schools have access to nominated HR practitioners available to work on a one to one basis with Head teachers, Principals, Managers and Governors on matters such as disciplinary, capability, grievance, bullying and harassment, restructures, redundancy, contractual matters and support with Employment Tribunal claims.
Subscribing schools have access to an HR website / portal for regular employment and workforce updates, easy to access policies and procedures and details on national and local conditions of service is available. There is also access to a specialist educational legal team which compliments the range of professional HR services on offer to schools within Birmingham, other LA’s or to educational organisations. HR services are as follows:
- A Gold, Silver or Bronze level of service to Employee Relations and HR Operations depending on individual school requirements.
- Recruitment for Senior Appointments (Head teachers, Deputies & Assistant Head teachers) in partnership with School Improvement
- A range of HR related training and development sessions, briefings & workshops on employment law, managing absence, performance management, undertaking constructive performance conversations
- Qualified and experienced Schools Mediators
- Investigating Officer pool
- Performance Management for Teachers and Support staff
- Criminal Record Bureau Checks, Right to Work clearances and assistance with the Single Central Record.
- Modern Apprenticeships
- Processing of Relief Teachers’ Service
- Outplacement Support from ‘Penna’ for staff at risk of redundancy or considering support for career transition
- Occupational Health Services for school based staff (subject to the outcome of a review)
Contact for Business Enquiries:
Janet Smith, Business Support Manager
Fax: 0121 464 3341