Due to essential maintenance some of our forms will be unavailable on Saturday 23 July 2016 from 3.30 am to 1 pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The Procurement service for public organisations - including all educational establishments
The Procurement Service has expertise and experience of many years in commissioning and procuring goods and services and in contract management. We offer a range of subscription packages which gives access to a comprehensive suite of procurement services which is available to any public organisation - including all educational establishments such as schools, academies, colleges and universities as well as emergency services, housing associations, NHS, charities and social enterprises.
As part of Birmingham City Council, we are able to award contracts that deliver value for money, provide quality goods and services and takes advantage of our bulk buying power to negotiate competitive prices.
Through our contracts, over 7,000 temporary, agency staff have been placed in schools in the last 12 months and energy supplied to over 1,000 meters.
By signing up to our subscription service, you can access:
- a range of contracts for everything from arts and craft materials, printers, temporary staff to catering and more
- DfE compliant Utility Contracts and direct access to our Energy Broker who will liaise with energy suppliers on your behalf
- a full procurement helpdesk offering support, advice and signposting to other frameworks/contracts
- EU compliant public sector frameworks/contracts using reputable, trusted suppliers and contractors that offer competitive prices and warranties
- The FinditinBirmingham website and online forum to discuss issues and network
- online reference catalogues
- procurement Health Checks to identify potential areas for savings
- procurement Training
We have various contracts available including; utilities, agency workers, food, insurance services, multifunctional devices and stationery.
To subscribe, please complete and return the form, (return details are included in the form).
If you have any questions or need advice with existing or future purchasing requirements, please CPS@birmingham.gov.uk or call the helpdesk on 0121 464 8000.