- established or bespoke audits coving all aspects of service delivery,
- advice and guidance,
- bespoke training
Charges for consultancy work are based on a daily charge out rate. Costs for work required will be discussed with clients on an individual job by job basis.
Examples of the work we undertake are provided below:
- Assisting with setting up effective internal control arrangements
- Examining and evaluating existing systems of internal control
- Examining, evaluating and reporting on the effective use of resources
- Appraisal of specific areas of control on an ad hoc basis.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the Governing Body/Senior Management Team in delivering high standards of Corporate, Strategic and Financial Governance.
- Advising on, and/or facilitating, the implementation of an effective Risk Management Process.
- Providing assurance on the effectiveness of non-financial areas, for instance compliance with safeguarding requirements, IT security
- Providing advice and guidance via training to managers, staff and governors or through face to face or telephone discussions
- Providing advice and support on the Schools Financial Value Standard
- Investigating, and/or providing advice and support in detecting and preventing fraud
- Assisting in the development of financial procedures
- Undertaking computer audit reviews giving assurance on controls to manage IT risks
- Advising on ISO and other quality related work
- Providing support with Value for Money/Value Added issues.
Specific Services for Academies
- Advising on compliance with the requirements of the Academies Financial Handbook and reporting periodically to relevant Boards/Committees on the effectiveness of Academy control and governance arrangements
- Supporting the ‘Responsible Finance Officer’ by advising, carrying out checks and supplementing the role as required
- Undertaking the ‘Responsible Finance Officer’ role, reporting directly to relevant Boards/Committee
- Providing the annual report on the effectiveness of the internal control environment to support the annual accounts.
Contact for Business Enquiries
School Specific Enquiries
Don Price, Group Auditor
Tel: 0121 303 2970
Karen Smith, Principal Auditor
Tel: 0121 675 0249
Fraud Related Enquiries
Neil Farquharson, Group Auditor
Tel: 0121 303 2185
Tel: 0121 303 3869