Birmingham Audit provides internal audit services, plus advice, guidance and training on a consultancy basis.
- Assisting with setting up effective internal control arrangements
- Examining and evaluating existing systems of internal control
- Examining, evaluating and reporting on the effective use of resources
- Appraisal of specific areas of control on an ad hoc basis
- Providing an overview of the effectiveness of the Governing Body / Management Team in ensuring high standards of Corporate Governance.
- Advising and facilitating the Risk Management Process
- Providing assurance on the effectiveness of non-financial area, fo rinstance compliance with safeguarding guidance and the requirements of the Disclosure and Barring Service
- Providing advice and guidance via training to managers, staff and governors
- Offering advice and support on the Schools Financial Value Standard (SFVS)
- Providing advice and support in detecting and preventing fraud.
- Assisting in the development of financial procedures.
- Carrying out computer audit reviews giving assurance on controls to manage IT risks.
- Supporting ISO and other quality related work.
- Providing support with VFM issues.
Specific Services for Academies
- Providing an annual audit assurance and consultancy service to independently test controls systems, transactions and risks and support your external auditor's opinion on regularity
- Providing consultancy and assurance in a wide number of areas including: Internal Control, Governance and Risk Management.
Contact for Business Enquiries:
Telephone: 0121 303 3869
Birmingham schools and academies can get more information from the Birmingham Audit web pages on the Inline web site.