- established or bespoke audits coving all aspects of service delivery,
- advice and guidance,
- bespoke training
Charges for consultancy work are based on a daily charge out rate. Costs for work required will be discussed with clients on an individual job by job basis.
Examples of the work we undertake are provided below:
- Assisting with setting up effective internal control arrangements
- Examining and evaluating existing systems of internal control
- Examining, evaluating and reporting on the effective use of resources
- Appraisal of specific areas of control on an ad hoc basis.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the Governing Body/Senior Management Team in delivering high standards of Corporate, Strategic and Financial Governance.
- Advising on, and/or facilitating, the implementation of an effective Risk Management Process.
- Providing assurance on the effectiveness of non-financial areas, for instance compliance with safeguarding requirements, IT security
- Providing advice and guidance via training to managers, staff and governors or through face to face or telephone discussions
- Providing advice and support on the Schools Financial Value Standard
- Investigating, and/or providing advice and support in detecting and preventing fraud
- Assisting in the development of financial procedures
- Undertaking computer audit reviews giving assurance on controls to manage IT risks
- Advising on ISO and other quality related work
- Providing support with Value for Money/Value Added issues.
Specific Services for Academies
- Advising on compliance with the requirements of the Academies Financial Handbook and reporting periodically to relevant Boards/Committees on the effectiveness of Academy control and governance arrangements
- Supporting the ‘Responsible Finance Officer’ by advising, carrying out checks and supplementing the role as required
- Undertaking the ‘Responsible Finance Officer’ role, reporting directly to relevant Boards/Committee
- Providing the annual report on the effectiveness of the internal control environment to support the annual accounts.
This special edition concentrates primarily on the return of full audit visits to schools.
Contact for Business Enquiries
School Specific Enquiries
Don Price, Group Auditor
Tel: 0121 303 2970
Karen Smith, Principal Auditor
Tel: 0121 675 0249
Fraud Related Enquiries
Neil Farquharson, Group Auditor
Tel: 0121 303 2185
Tel: 0121 303 3869