Child Protection & Safeguarding
Trish leads the East Children's Team in respect of Child Protection and also leads the Charities and Trusts legal team, which deals with some 118 charities and trusts in Birmingham. Trish works closely with Members in respect of both her roles and is a leading expert in forced marriages, having written several articles on this subject.
Trish has been instrumental in the re-launched the Association of Women's Solicitors within the Midlands Region and chairs the Special Interest Group across the West Midlands.
Trish has a lead role in LSB Law Conferencing in the delivery of conferences across the country.
- are responsible for the day to day conduct of Child Protection and related issues
- deal with hearings within the Family Proceedings Court, County Court and Administrative Court
- has responsibility for Asylum and Immigration matters
- deals with Judicial Review matters
- provides assistance with Forced Marriages
- manages domestic violence cases
- is involved in training for client departments and the implementation of good working practices in conjunction with the Safeguarding Board
Head of Child Protection & Safeguarding
Tel: 0121-464 3096