Due to essential maintenance, the website may be unavailable during the weekend. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Civil Litigation & Personal Injury
Wendy is Head of Civil Litigation & Personal Injury Law and leads the team. She qualified as a Solicitor in 1984 and has more than 25 years experience of working in Legal Services, covering all types of civil litigation, including housing, personal injury, commercial property and debt recovery.
Wendy also supports the Director in his Monitoring Officer role and has sat as a Deputy District Judge (Civil) for over 10 years.
- is responsible for the collection of more complex debts (including overpayments of Housing Benefit, overpayments of salary, car/computer loans)
- deals with enforcement (e.g. charging orders, attachment of earnings orders) and insolvency issues
- processes claims arising from the commercial property portfolio, including disputes relating to rent reviews, dilapidation claims, forfeiture, restrictive covenants, wayleaves, easements and other lease covenant disputes
- deals with development agreement disputes, education related litigation, landlord and tenant insolvency litigation, leasehold enfranchisement disputes, agricultural tenancies, contractual issues, service tenancy disputes, boundary disputes, trespasser and travellers evictions, possession order to enable major developments, Enterprise Act injunctions, recovery of Section 106 Agreement debts.
- claims under the Disability Discrimination Acts and claims at the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal relating to residential service charge disputes
- recovery of Service Charge and Ground Rent arrears and forfeiture proceedings
- injury allowance, ex gratia claims under the Employee Personal Accident Scheme and uninsured claims
Head of Civil Litigation & Personal Injury Law
Tel: 0121-303 2517