Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Civil Litigation & Personal Injury
Jag Hayre is Head of Civil Litigation & Personal Injury Law and leads the team.
Jag qualified in 1993 and has worked at the council since 1998. He has a background in private practice and significant experience of a wide range of complex litigation work. Jag has experience of non contentious employment governance work, expertise in contract claims and personal injury litigation, including Dyslexia claims, occupational stress claims and has acted as lead solicitor in defending group litigation against the council for Historic Sex Abuse.
- is responsible for the collection of more complex debts (including overpayments of Housing Benefit, overpayments of salary, car/computer loans)
- deals with enforcement (e.g. charging orders, attachment of earnings orders) and insolvency issues
- processes claims arising from the commercial property portfolio, including disputes relating to rent reviews, dilapidation claims, forfeiture, restrictive covenants, wayleaves, easements and other lease covenant disputes
- deals with development agreement disputes, education related litigation, landlord and tenant insolvency litigation, leasehold enfranchisement disputes, agricultural tenancies, contractual issues, service tenancy disputes, boundary disputes, trespasser and travellers evictions, possession order to enable major developments, Enterprise Act injunctions, recovery of Section 106 Agreement debts.
- claims under the Disability Discrimination Acts and claims at the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal relating to residential service charge disputes
- recovery of Service Charge and Ground Rent arrears and forfeiture proceedings
- injury allowance, ex gratia claims under the Employee Personal Accident Scheme and uninsured claims
Head of Civil Litigation & Personal Injury
Tel: 0121-303 2517