Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Environment, Development & Planning Law
Stuart Evans is Head of Environment, Development & Planning Law and leads the team.
Stuart has considerable local authority experience and specialises in Town and Country Planning Law and Environmental Law. He is a member of the Law Society Specialised Planning Panel. Stuart also advises Planning Committee and Public Protection Committee on legal and governance issues. He is also the relationship lawyer for the Development Directorate. Stuart has a lead role in the department's external work through LSB Law.
- deals with all aspects of Planning Highways Law, Footpaths Law, law relating to Leisure Services, Licensing, Data Protection, and Freedom of Information issues in relation to all these areas as well as dealing with general advice and all necessary agreements
- has a number of specialist lawyers in all areas of information law matters, all licensing issues, Byelaws, Tree Preservation Orders and Village Greens and Contaminated Land Law Issues
- specialises in Advocacy at Public Inquiries
- has regular contact with the public, Members and Officers in relation to Committee matters
- focuses on supporting the Development Directorate, Environment and Culture and Regulatory Services, including licensing
Head of Environment, Development & Planning Law
Tel: 0121-464 7536