Due to essential maintenance some of our forms will be unavailable tonight from 8.00pm until 2.00am tomorrow morning.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Criminal Litigation & Housing Law
Lisa Morgan is Head of Criminal Litigation & Housing Law and leads the team.
Lisa qualified as a solicitor in 1993, having undertaken her training contract in private practice. She was previously employed by the Environmental Agency, where she undertook a variety of work, including litigation and conveyancing. Lisa has specialised in regulatory work and has over 18 years experience of criminal litigation, having represented the council's interests in a number of high profile and complex cases. She has a Diploma in French Judicial Studies
- deals with matters prosecuted by the council in the Magistrates Court, Crown Court and higher courts
- clients include Regulatory Services, on whose behalf prosecutions are brought under trading standards, public health, health and safety and licensing legislation
- currently prosecutes cases on behalf of the Government-funded Illegal Money Lending Team, requiring appearances in Magistrates’ and Crown Courts throughout England
- is increasingly involved in proceedings brought under the Proceeds of Crime Act and works closely with Financial Investigators in order to secure the confiscation of assets from convicted criminals whenever possible
- also receives instructions in respect of Planning Enforcement, Benefit Fraud, Disabled Blue Badge parking contraventions and houses in multiple occupation amongst others
- defends the council's position in criminal proceedings brought against the council
- have assisted a number of other local authorities with prosecution work
- anti-social behaviour, domestic violence and hate crime
- applying for injunctions in relation to anti-social behaviour orders, possession orders, parenting orders, individual support orders and drug prevention orders
- developing policies and procedures relating to crime and disorder
complex homelessness and housing management work, including breaches of tenancy agreements, lodgers in occupation, unauthorised occupants and illegal evictions
- disrepair claims in the County Court and with some rent arrears possession claims, as well as evictions and suspension of warrants of execution
- CFA/Publicly funded matters
- advice and guidance to Homeless Services on homelessness law, policy and procedure
Head of Criminal Litigation & Housing Law
Tel: 0121-303 9285