The Connexions service is delivered by Personal Advisers who are available in Connexions Centres, Schools and Colleges, youth clubs and other community venues throughout Birmingham.
It’s a free and friendly support service providing impartial advice, information and guidance for young people aged from 13 to 19. If a young person has a learning difficulty and / or disability Connexions can help them until they are 25.
Personal Advisers are available to discuss a range of issues affecting young people such as:
- choosing their Options during Year 9;
- deciding what to do once they reach school leaving age;
- how to choose a suitable career path /career options;
- choosing courses;
- looking at training opportunities;
- what to do if they have personal problems or worries;
- dealing with issues related to finance;
- health or relationships; and
- helping young people use their time in a positive way.
To access Connexions services, all young people or their parents / carers have to do is contact their local Connexions Centre.
Further information is available from the Connexions website www.birmingham.gov.uk/connexions
This is a national confidential telephone phone and web based service which puts young people in touch with Personal Advisers for advice on a whole range of things. It’s open between 8am and 2am, so they can get the information they want when they need it.
Freefone: 080 800 13 2 19
Text: 07766 4 13 2 19