Unfortunately some of our forms will be unavailable between 03/07/15 (17:00 hours) and 06/07/15 (08:00 hours). We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
The Connexions service is delivered by Personal Advisers who are available in Connexions Centres, Schools and Colleges, youth clubs and other community venues throughout Birmingham.
It’s a free and friendly support service providing impartial advice, information and guidance for young people aged from 13 to 19. If a young person has a learning difficulty and / or disability Connexions can help them until they are 25.
Personal Advisers are available to discuss a range of issues affecting young people such as:
- choosing their Options during Year 9;
- deciding what to do once they reach school leaving age;
- how to choose a suitable career path /career options;
- choosing courses;
- looking at training opportunities;
- what to do if they have personal problems or worries;
- dealing with issues related to finance;
- health or relationships; and
- helping young people use their time in a positive way.
To access Connexions services, all young people or their parents / carers have to do is contact their local Connexions Centre.
Further information is available from the Connexions website www.birmingham.gov.uk/connexions
This is a national confidential telephone phone and web based service which puts young people in touch with Personal Advisers for advice on a whole range of things. It’s open between 8am and 2am, so they can get the information they want when they need it.
Freefone: 080 800 13 2 19
Text: 07766 4 13 2 19