Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Due to essential maintenance work being carried out, some of our forms may be unavailable from 5pm on Friday 27th May until 8am on Tuesday 31st May. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Home Options: Disabled Person’s Housing Register


Help and advice

For general advice on services available or information on reliable contractors, specialist providers and other organisations that may be able to help, please get in touch. You can call us on 0121 303 6330.

The Assist Birmingham Centre operated by our colleagues in Adults and Communities is also available to provide further information and advice on help with daily living and give you the opportunity to see and discuss equipment and services with knowledgeable staff.

Minor adaptations

If you require help with small adaptations such as grab rails please contact the Adults and Communities Access Service for more information and advice on 0121 303 1234.

Moving to a more suitable home

If you own your own home and want to move to somewhere smaller or more suitable, we may be able to help and advise on finding a new property and organising your move.

Disabled facilities grants

Demand for disabled facilities grants is always high, so we have to target those most in need and can only help people who meet the necessary criteria.

If you wish to be considered for a disabled facilities grant you will need an assessment by an occupational therapist from the Adults and Communities service. To ask about an assessment, please contact the Access team on 0121 303 1234.

Essential Information
Frequently Asked Questions
    • Yes, you may still use the HouseProud service, however you will need to fund it yourself and we will need to get your landlord's permission first.

    • You may receive help and advice on minor adaptations around your home by contacting Adults and Communities Access Service on 0121 303 1234.