Service improvements are brought about through listening to feedback from our customers. This provides information about what is working and what is not. It helps us identify existing and potential problems with our processes and procedures and highlights opportunities for staff development.
Overall, your feedback provides us with the information to evaluate the service we deliver, along with the skills and abilities of our staff that provide them.
We want to ensure you receive a high standard of service. We acknowledge that this is not always possible but we strive to do our utmost to improved our services as a result of your feedback.
Here are some of the ways your feedback has turned into service improvements in the last 3 years.
1. We have reviewed our pre application service which has resulted in refinements to the form and guidance note. We have also streamlined our internal processes and reduced the time taken to deal with these enquiries.
2. We have changed the way we carry out customer satisfaction surveys to improve response rates. See our Customer Feedback section.
3. We have made amendments to the Planning Online webpage to make it easier to search for a planning application. Further improvements are due to be introduced by the end of this year.
4. We have introduced 'fast track' enquiries to deal with requests for copies of documents etc. We aim to deal with those types of enquiries within 2 days, rather that the 10 working days previously targeted.
5. At the request of our User Forum, we pulled together planning policy documents which had recently been revoked, but were used for historic purposes. Revoked planning policy documents are now also published on our website.
Last Updated : 31st October 2012