Find local facilities and services

Victoria Square stands at the junction of three streets; New Street, Paradise Street and Colmore Row. After the Council House was built in the 1870s it was known as Council House Square. It became Victoria Square after the arrival of the statue of Queen Victoria in 1901.

Between August 1992 and June 1993, Victoria Square was completely redesigned at a cost of £0.2 million. Only the statue of Queen Victoria remains in its original location. The square was re-opened by Diana, the Princess of Wales on 6 May 1993.

The square is also the site of Birmingham's Town Hall, and several public works of art, including the Iron Man and the 'Floozie in the Jacuzzi'.

Maps: City of Birmingham

Facebook Flickr Google+ RSS feeds Twitter
Birmingham City Council social media accounts

Our main address

Council House
Victoria Square
Birmingham
B1 1BB

Contact us

About our website

About our website
Accessibility
Cookies
Jobs
Languages
Privacy

 
Leisure and Tourism - Birmingham City Council

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Due to essential maintenance, the website may be unavailable during the weekend. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Leisure and Tourism

Attractions

Libraries

Museums and heritage

What's on in Birmingham