Qualifying for Support
When parents may receive support for children's travel
In some circumstances parents may receive support for their children's travel to school.
We can consider providing a travel pass for:
- Pupils who attend schools more than the qualifying distance from their home
- Pupils attending church schools
- Pupils who move address
- Pupils from low income families (Year Groups 4 to 6 and 7 to 11 only)
For further information and details of how to apply for a travel pass, please go to our Apply for a Travel Pass page.
We can consider providing travel assistance for:
- Pupils with learning difficulties and / or disabilities
- Pupils attending specialist centres
For further information regarding travel assistance, please see our Specialised Transport page.