Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

High Hedges - What you will need to submit to the Council

Related Links

You need to submit your complaint on the High Hedges complaint form and ensure that all the required information referred to is enclosed. In addition to this, you will need to provide copies of any correspondence you have had with your neighbour about the hedge and provide all evidence of how you have tried to resolve the dispute yourself.

Fee Information
A fee of £350.00 will also need to accompany the complaint.

If this information is not available, we will NOT be able to help with your complaint.

Advice on steps you can take to negotiate with your neighbour is given in the ODPM leaflet at the bottom of this page.

Supporting Information

Photographs of the hedge would also be useful, plus a plan showing where the hedge is in relation to your house and your neighbours' with measurements of the hedge. Birmingham City Council no longer provide an Ordnance Survey Map service. For a list of alternative suppliers view our information page.

The notes attached to the complaint form will help you to complete it. This form is available at the bottom of the page.

How to pay - by debit or credit card
You can pay by debit or credit card over the phone by Contacting us We will need to take the following details:

  • Name on card
  • Contact number
  • Type of card
  • Issue date
  • Expiry date
  • How much you will be paying
  • What the payment is for

How to pay - by cheque or postal order
Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to 'Birmingham City Council'. If you wish to pay by cash, you can do so in person at our Reception. Please do not send cash through the post.

BCC Footer

Last updated :14th November 2013