Due to essential maintenance the online account may not be available between 18:00 hours and midnight.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
- The legislation covers hedges:
- consisting of a line of 2 or more trees or shrubs
- where the hedge is made up mostly of evergreen or semi-evergreen trees or shrubs
- where the hedge is more than 2 metres high and
- where the hedge is blocking light or access to a residential property
Example - Covered By Legislation
An example of a hedge covered by the legislation would be a row of six conifers, 4 metres high blocking light to the lounge window of a neighbouring house.
Example - Not Covered By Legislation
An example of a hedge not covered by the legislation would be a row of 5 metre high beech trees, as these lose their leaves in the winter.
You can view the complete validation checklist below.
Last Updated: 11th November 2013