Local Code of Corporate Governance
The City Council has developed and adopted a local code of corporate governance which reflects the key components as set out in the CIPFA/SOLACE Framework Corporate Governance in Local Government: A Keystone for Community Governance.
In carrying out its duties and responsibilities, the City Council will:
- Work for and with the local community
- Exercise leadership, where appropriate in the local community
- Undertake an ambassadorial role to promote the well-being of the City through maintaining effective arrangements for
- Be accountable to stakeholders for its performance and the effectiveness in delivering its services and the sustainable use of resources
- Demonstrate integrity in its dealings to build effective relationships and partnerships with other public agencies and the private and voluntary sectors
- Demonstrate openness in all its dealings
- Demonstrating inclusivity through effective communication and engagement with the local community
- Develop a clear vision and corporate strategy in response to corporate needs.