Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Advertisement

Advertising

Old Crown

Old Crown

The Old Crown is the oldest secular building in Birmingham, dating back to 1450.

The most recent theory about the building is that the Old Crown was built as the Guildhall and School of St John, Deritend.

Opposite the Crown in Heath Mill Lane is Birmingham's oldest surviving Library building, the former Deritend Branch Library, opened on the same day as the first Reference Library in 1866.

The Old Crown has been renovated and re-opened as a public house and restaurant